Thursday, March 24, 2016

16 Gallon Bowfront Aquascape




Hello everybody, this is Will Hardy from HardyAquariums coming in hot with another blog post!
The 16 gallon bow front started it all for me. It was the first tank I ever bought, back in 2010.

Ode to 16g:
You mesmerized me with your misshapen glass
While I gaze at the fish, sitting on my ass,
Bright blue gravel, green plants to match
If only I knew, it wouldn't be the first batch
16 gallons to start, more and more I sought
Look at us now, HardyAquariums COMING IN HOT!





At first it had blue gravel, platies,  guppies, and tiger barbs. Don't forget the lucky bamboo to ensure sure failure with aquatic plant keeping!





I stepped my game up and bought some black sand, anubias plants, rasboras, white skirt tetras, and a pleco. This was the start of something good, but still not quite right. The background is still with the tank today in 2016. See my first video of this setup ever!!





Now we are getting to some abstract, river rock/fin type aquascaping. This form of aquascaping is popular in the San Diego apartment scene. This was actually a cool setup in the apartment, and I especially enjoy the german blue ram. 



Now we are really onto something. This is when the 16g really started coming together. As you can see, the tank is made to look natural with driftwood, anubias, java fern, and aponogeton plants. Check out a classic video of this setup here!





The finished product! 



Don't forget to subscribe to HardyAquariums on Youtube!
www.youtube.com/wildo635




1 comment:

  1. More pictures and videos of you if you still have this site active. You have a undergroungfollowing and are

    ReplyDelete